- This week, we have owned our house for a full year. I forget sometimes how crazy the few months leading up to Charlotte’s birth actually were—the escrow from hell, the DIY move, the nursery reno nightmare, the fridge that didn’t fit. It was exhausting. Next week, we’re tackling the first major home improvement project since we moved in. Our back yard is a concrete jungle, so we’re ripping out some of the concrete to expand our grass area. Then we’re fencing off part of the grass so that Charlotte has a play space that’s free of dog. It means new sprinklers, all new sod, and actually installing a little white PVC picket fence and gate—fortunately, my FIL is coming to lead the way because we’d be lost otherwise!
- Our garden is going crazy right now. I’m thrilled that it’s doing so well because I’ve had very little time to devote to my poor plants. Does anyone have any good kale recipes? We are freaking swimming in kale.
- This is Catch’s first full week of summer vacation, and I am thoroughly enjoying the slower pace. She doesn’t have to rush out of the house at the crack of dawn, so we all get to eat breakfast together and I get to take my time getting ready for work. I could get used to this.
- We’re now less than a month away from our Mexico vacation. I’m starting to get excited. I’m still nervous about getting us ready for the trip though. I feel like Charlotte won’t have enough clothes, and I’m terrified of navigating the airport with all of the kid stuff (not to mention the kid).
- We need to buy Charlotte her first real pair of shoes. We’ve mostly avoided shoes so far. She had some for her Christmas dress, and she has a pair we use when she plays in her walker out back (yes, we let her use a walker—it’s only maybe 15 minutes every couple of days and it lets us get some things done in the yard) but this kid has spent her life in socks. Now that she’s standing and cruising, it’s time for some real shoes. Any favorites for a super flexible first pair of shoes?
- We are back for a visit in Teething Hell. Charlotte cut tooth #7 about a week ago, and tooth #8 is now a raised, swollen bump. I hope to dog we can get this over with soon because mama needs some SLEEP.
- I have invitations ready to mail for Charlotte’s first birthday party. Can you even believe that? I am so excited and also totally wrecked. I cannot believe my baby is turning one next month. HOW? When I woke up this morning (after sleeping on the couch with my little teether), Catch had a video pulled up on the computer from September. She was only two months old. I cried.
Lastly, some random photos from the last few weeks…