- I have a really hard time these days when people without kids tell me that they’re tired. It takes almost all of my self-restraint not to tell them that they have NO IDEA what tired is and to SHUT THE HELL UP because I haven’t slept in 10 months. (This bullet point was brought to you today by a baby who DID. NOT. SLEEP. last night courtesy of some tummy troubles.)
- Baby jail is working out great. It’s seriously the highlight of my week. We have the Pack n Play set up in our bedroom so I can safely contain the Tasmanian Devil while I get dressed for work, and then we have the Pop n Play set up in the living room. Yesterday, she let me put her in the Pop n Play while I cut up her fruit, which meant that I got out of the house ON TIME because I didn’t have to wait for the nanny to arrive to prep her food for the day. Miracles can happen.
- I finally bit the bullet last week and ordered Charlotte’s new car seat. After much wavering, I decided on the Clek Fllo. The price tag was significant, but when I realized that I spent more money on Catch’s new iPhone, I got over it. My kid’s safety and my peace of mind are worth more than an iPhone. Right now, the Fllo is sitting on the floor of my living room. The straps and headrest are properly adjusted, but I haven’t had a chance to get it installed in the car so I have no idea whether it actually fits or not. PLEASE LET IT FIT.
- My child won’t let me read books to her. She either yanks them out of my hands to chew on them, or she crawls away from me. The only way we can read her books is at bedtime when I hold her and give her a bottle while Catch reads bedtime books, or if she’s completely engaged with a toy and I just start reading. I worry that this is bad. Should I be doing something? I want her to like books for something other than chewing on.
- I’ve tried a few times in the past to get Charlotte to eat spaghetti sauce. Admittedly, both times the sauce was from a jar. I’ve been telling people that she just doesn’t seem to like spaghetti sauce. Then, last weekend I made my grandma’s spaghetti sauce. This kid cannot get enough. I kind of love that it had to be grandma’s spaghetti sauce. (This picture was from the beginning of the meal and does not do justice to the mess.)
And a few bonus shots from our week: