I feel like I have a gazillion things to say, but it’s all a jumble in my head. I’m going to try to give you a bullet point update with some pictures, because the last few weeks have been a whirlwind.
- I passed my glucose test today! You have no idea how stressed I was about this. I know that PCOS increased my risk, but my result wasn’t even borderline. I’d like to thank my pancreas for cutting me some slack on this one. Ice cream for dinner! Actually, my wife said no to that because she said she’s gaining too much of my baby weight, but whatever. I’ll get some ice cream in there somehow.
- At 26 weeks, baby girl supposedly weighs about 2 lbs and is about the size of a butternut squash. I love watching that tiny little hand get bigger. It’s the best.
- Baby girl’s blanket is complete and I love it! In fact, I love it so much that I started another one with a gazillion different colors of leftover yarn from my pre-carpal-tunnel days when I used to sell baby hats on Etsy.
- Our beautiful baby book arrived from Rag & Bone Bindery with special pages for two moms. I really love the page with “the story of our path to you.” I can’t wait to write that one.
- At my OB appointment last week, my total weight gain was 14 pounds. It is seriously hard to jump straight from weight loss mode into pregnancy. All I can think about is the 50 pounds I lost before IVF, and the scale is just messing with my head. I’m trying REALLY REALLY hard to get over it.
- The belly was also measured at last week’s OB visit. At 25.5 weeks, I was measuring 24.5 weeks. If I compare practically identical belly shots from 24 weeks and 26 weeks, I see no difference at all. I know I shouldn’t be complaining about this, but I just want to throw it out to the universe that it’s OK for baby girl to start really staking her claim on my midsection. Really. (And yes, I bought that Old Navy dress in every color. Shut up.)
- I took some much-needed vacation time last week while Catch was on spring break. We did a lot of spring cleaning & de-cluttering to try to make some room for this baby in our precious 600 square feet. Fortunately, we got word that we can start house hunting again at the end of the month! Exciting and terrifying all at once!
- When I returned to work this wek, I sat down with HR to discuss maternity leave. I will be able to take 16 weeks off to be with our baby girl, and I am thrilled. Most of the girls in our office only take 12, but I have enough vacation time to pad my 12 weeks and still have some extra time in the bank.
- Do you like lemon bars? Make these lemon bars. You will not be sorry. (Note–I did not build up the crust on the sides of the pan, I just flattened it. I also didn’t bother chilling it before baking.)
- Lastly, we are currently 95 days from my due date. Double digits. It feels fantastic.
I hope you are all in the midst of a great week!