I am trying to kill some time while I sit here waiting for the results of Beta #2. Let me tell you a little bit about my day so far:
- First thing this morning, I got to pay $250 for the pleasure of having my lab work done.
- Second thing this morning, I got to pay another $250 for a one month supply of progesterone.
- We are attending a wedding on Saturday night. I bought a black dress with a few gold sequins on it—just enough to give it some sparkle. I figured it’s perfect because it can double as my dress for my company’s holiday party next month. Then I learned that the wedding is actually at noon. I cannot wear a black dress with gold sequins to a noon wedding. I really need to find another dress, except—see items 1 & 2 above—it’s not really the best time for shopping. Sigh. How do I have no fall/winter daytime dresses? Everything that fits since I lost weight is a spring/summer dress or an evening dress. Damn it. The last fall wedding I attended was my own, and I certainly can’t wear that
- I don’t think this blog post is going to kill the next 4 hours of my beta wait. Disappointing.
- I feel absolutely fine. No pregnancy symptoms beyond the very mild cramps I’ve had intermittently for the past week(ish). No sore boobs. No nausea. I’m not even peeing more than usual. I wish I could just sit here and appreciate that I feel perfectly fine instead of questioning whether it means something. I suspect that I’ll feel better once the vampires give me a status on that blood.
- That said, I’m a tiny bit anxious about today’s beta, but nowhere near the level of anxious that I was on Monday. For the first time in a very long time, I have a feeling that everything is going to be okay. When have you ever heard me say that? (I am knocking on SO MUCH wood right now. So much.)
- I am completely ashamed of how many pictures of pregnancy tests I have on my cell phone. I haven’t taken one since Monday, but man… if someone were to pick up my phone and start flipping through photos, they would think I need psychiatric help. They might not be wrong, actually. I can’t seem to bring myself to delete them. Help.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful day. I cannot thank you enough for your well wishes and support. Your comments have a way of calming me down when no one else can. Maybe because I know that you know. I am sending abundant wishes for patience, endurance, and peace to all of you.