I wrote a whole post blathering on about how much I hate October. I have my reasons—very good ones, in fact, but I’m not going to go there.
I have to to get my head out of this negative place. I need to look a little harder and find my inner Pollyanna. (Man, I loved that movie when I was a kid.)
Let’s play the glad game. Here are 10 things I’m “glad” for right now:
- My wife—my rock, and my best friend. I am so exceedingly lucky to have her in my corner.
- Cooler weather!
- Online shopping
- Filtered water
- My mom has made it safely from Los Angeles to New Jersey to Dublin and now to Versailles. Only 9 more days until she is HOME.
- We’re spending the weekend at Disneyland
- Audiobooks. They make trafic bearable. I just finished Gone Girl (eh—way too long) and I’m moving on to The Fault in Our Stars.
- Knitting. Even if I’ve spent more time carrying it around with me than I have actually knitting, I am so grateful for this hobby.
- Hand lotion—the air is so dry right now that without my trusty bottle of Aveeno, I would turn to cardboard.
- Light blonde leg hair. I’m wearing cropped pants today and I
was too lazy toforgot to shave this morning.
It’s not a very deep list, but it’s a start. Happy Monday. Happy last day of September. May October prove me wrong this year.